– While your dough is cooling off in the fridge, spend that time preheating your oven. It is better if your oven is one with working controls. Set it to 170 degrees Celsius or 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about five minutes.
– Next, take your dough and roll it, using a rolling stick to 3/4 inch width.
– Since you are trying to make shortbread biscuits, you will cut your dough into 2cm by 10cm shortbread shape or fingers. Then, transfer the cut dough to a baking tray.
– If you are a lover of shortbread biscuit as I am, then you will recollect the presence of indent around the edges and holes in the middle. You can achieve this by using a toothpick to make this indentation and holes.
– Now that you are done with the preparation, transfer your tray of dough into your preheated oven and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes until it turns firm, but ensure it does not become brown. Shortbread should have a cream color, not browned.
The second method instructs on how to make Butter cookies, which can also be called Dutch biscuits. They can be prepared basically without flavoring or can be flavored with vanilla and chocolate. They can also appear in a number of shapes and textures.
The ingredient includes;
– 250 grams or 2 cups of corn flour
– 3-4 eggs
– 250 grams unsalted butter
– 250 grams sugar
– A pinch of salt