I came across this thread on Twitter and I felt I should share it here. It was written by @boda_lanre, a consultant for ESFJ. Below are 20 businesses young entrepreneurs can start with as little as 100,000. Ideas, they say, rule the world. Practical business ideas are oftentimes very difficult to come across. Any young person who is serious about starting something for himself/herself can pick one or more ideas from the list below;
1. Bedsheet/Beddings Production. Pay a visit to Lagos Island, or Oshodi where they sell bulk materials, pick good designs and I tell you, there are guys who will sew it for you are just within the same market. You can start will less than 100k and diligently grow your money.
2. Shirt Production: A sweet side hustle. There are tailors in Lagos Island or better still, learn the skill it will save you all the heartbreaks imaginable. Taiwo Street in Lagos Island is where you should be. Materials ranging from 700 – 1000 per yard, sew for 1500/2000, Sell for 5000-7000.
3. Boxers making: Schedule a trip to Aba Market. The cost of production of boxers, you can get one for as low as N300, all you need is to package it in 3s, and market these babies properly beg your friend on twitter for RTs, we buy 3s pack boxers for 1500-2500 sell yours for 1200 gradually grow.
4. E-Payments and POS Business: You can a get POS machine from your Bank, and activate online banking: If you live in a place where banks aren’t much you can handle e payments for people and make your small change. I paid someone N200 to withdraw 1000 in Ikorodu. ATM queue was crazy.
5. Mobile and electronic Accessories such Pouches, Chargers, USB cables, HDMI cables, earphones and more, can be sourced on Alibaba, Ali Express, Deal Extreme, etc. The more you buy the lower the price. And they are light so shipping won’t be a burden. Sell on here or jumia and co.