Online marketers are increasingly becoming aware that ranking a website is not just about building a huge number of links over time but in creating high-quality content. One of the most powerful contents that happen to be underused is video. Although brands are increasingly using video in their marketing strategy, there is still room for improvement. Used correctly, video is an extremely powerful content that can contribute significantly to a brand’s overall SEO strategy.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is the process of increasing traffic from free or organic search results to a website. There are two primary ways by which web pages get traffic, this could either be through organic/free listing or paid listing. The major search engines; Google, Yahoo, Bing, have organic search results, where web pages are ranked according to relevance to an audience. SEO describes a process of ranking higher in the organic listing which would directly influence the quality and quantity of traffic enjoyed by a website.
What is Video Marketing?
Video has the capacity of transmitting a large amount of information to an audience. Video stands out on social media as a medium via which customers can enjoy a quick overview of a product or service without being overwhelmed by text. With video, a customer can glean all the information he/she needs within thirty seconds through a short, visually-appealing video. Therefore, video marketing can be described as the process where information about a product or service can be learned and understood very easily and in the least possible time through the help of videos.
SEO and Video Marketing: How they relate:
Video marketing became a tool for SEO as far back as May 16th, 2007, the day Google introduced universal search. This allowed videos, text, images, and other files to be easily located on the World Wide Web. Video is not just an add-on, but an important feature for anyone who is concerned about SEO, brand recognition, and conversion rates. Some of the SEO metrics that highlight that reveals the importance of video marketing include higher CTR, quality backlinks, lower bounce rates, and improved SERP rank.
Some Important Video Marketing Statistics
– 85% of all internet users in the United States watched video content monthly on any of their devices, according to Statistica
– According to HubSpot, 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a business or brand that they support
– Wyzowl revealed that 87% of professionals use video as a marketing tool
– 88% of video marketers according to Animoto, 2018 express satisfaction with the Return on Investment of their video marketing effort on social media
– While using video as a marketing tool, video marketers enjoy 66% of more qualified leads per year, according to Optinmonster, 2019.
– According to Forbes, an average user spends 88% more time on a website with video than on another without video.